Home » News

46 made ill by pig food additive

21 February 2009 804 views No Comment

GUANGZHOU Health Bureau confirmed 46 residents had been taken ill after eating meat from pigs which had been given the illegal food additive ractopamine.

The bureau received reports of food poisoning involving 46 people yesterday and tests on the food showed it contained ractopamine. Three of the victims are still in hospital.

Guangzhou authorities are hunting for the source of the ractopamine.

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading ... Loading ...

Leave your response!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.